ABG+® is a powerful ingredient for any cardiovascular health supplement. Known for its superior antioxidant capacity, black garlic can contribute to improving cardiovascular function and maintain healthy blood pressure levels.
The Global Rise of Cardiovascular Diseases
According to the World Health Organisation, cardiovascular diseases are now one of the leading causes of death globally (1). Not only are many of these deaths premature, but some of those affected will likely have suffered from high blood pressure, high cholesterol and obesity for years, thereby severely limiting quality of life.
Although prescription drugs are used to treat these patients, the impact of high-quality dietary supplements and lasting lifestyle changes upon patient life and well-being should not be overlooked. ABG+®, with its scientific backing, has superior antioxidant capacity and can improve cardiovascular function.
Black Garlic – A Well-Known Remedy for Hearth Health
ABG+® from Pharmactive is a natural and popular addition to any modern supplement related to heart health and immune health. However, the interest in garlic is nothing new – ancient Egyptian societies, along with ancient cultures in China and Thailand, were all known to use both garlic and black garlic in their traditional medicines.
More recently, studies have shown black garlic to have a polyphenol content 10 times higher than white garlic, thereby providing greater antioxidant and cardio protective capacity (2).
What is ABG+® from Pharmactive?
ABG+® is a black garlic ingredient standardized to ≥0.1% S-allyl cysteine (SAC) by HPLC. This is a highly stable and bioavailable biomolecule that has been connected in several research studies to the inhibition of oxidative damage as a result of its potent antioxidant and cardioprotective properties (3).
The following mechanisms of action has been identified in ABG+®: (4-9)
- Improving heart contraction by decreasing coronary perfusion pressure
- Balancing blood pressure
- Alleviating oxidative stress
Why Choose ABG+® for Your Cardiovascular Health Product?
- A natural ingredient that is proven to support heart function
- Has long been used in traditional medicine, whilst also having modern scientific backing
- Superior antioxidant capacity
- Genuine Allium sativum L, spring violet variety locally sourced in Spain
- Various standardizations available to perfectly adapt to your galenic formulation
This ingredient contains no additives or preservatives, and it is also non-GMO and non-irradiated. As always, ingredients such as ABG+® are recommended to be combined with a healthy diet and regular exercise for optimal results.
Why Pharmactive is a Preferred Partner of Biogredia
Founded in 2009, Pharmactive is a Spanish company that develops, and manufactures differentiated natural ingredients supported by scientific evidence. As cardiovascular diseases are on the rise worldwide, Pharmactive wishes to contribute to health and wellbeing by providing natural ingredients of the highest quality.
Do you want to learn more about how ABG+® can improve your cardiovascular product? Reach out to Bengt for more information regarding relevant research and advice.
Please get in touch if you want more information or have questions about our ingredients.
- Barbanel, Shari: “Cardiovascular Concerns” in NIE 2029 04. https://niemagazine.com/cardiovascular-concerns/
- González-Hedström, D. et al. World Summit on Nutr. & Eating Disord. 2019. Nov 20-21, Madrid (Spain)
- 21, Madrid (Spain); (7) Pignatelli P., et al.KardiolPol. 2018;76(4):713-722.)
- García Villalón AL., et al. Journal of Functional Foods. 2016. 27: 189 200.
- UCM. Nutr. clín. diet. hosp. 2016;36(supl.1):126.
- González Hedström D, et al. Nutr. clín. diet. hosp. 2018; 38(supl.1):47.
- Sara Amor, et al. Nutrients. 2019; 11, 153.
- Poster Almodovar P, et al. SEFIT Congress. 2019 Nov 8 10, Santiago de Compostela (Spain)
- González Hedström, D. et al. World Summit on Nutr . & Eating Disord . 2019. Nov 20 21, Madrid