Whether it’s for healthy ageing or sports recovery, the science-backed ingredient AprèsFlex from PLT Health Solutions supports musculoskeletal health and can provide joint relief in only 5 days.
September 2023 – New Study Completed
PLT Health Solutions, Inc announced the completion of a six-month clinical study, which is pre-publication, on its AprèsFlex® 5-Day Joint Support ingredient in collaboration with PLT innovation partner Laila Nutraceuticals (Krishna, Andhra Pradesh, India). This study validates and extends the findings of three previous double-blind studies showing that AprèsFlex® provides significant improvements in joint comfort at a low 100mg dose.
The new study demonstrates significant improvements in joint comfort, stiffness and physical function at the 1-, 3-, 4- and 6-month marks, and shows that those benefits continue to increase, with no plateau effect, through the end of the six-month study. The study also shows long-term improvements in functional capacity for walking and stair climbing, activities of daily living most affected by those with joint comfort and mobility issues.
Most impressively, these groundbreaking results demonstrate preservation of joint space and cartilage thickness compared with placebo, and significant reduction of biomarkers of inflammation and cartilage degradation.
This is the first study of a Boswellia serrata ingredient demonstrating support for cartilage preservation – a major concern for consumers and product formulators in the joint health/mobility space. This fourth double-blind, placebo-controlled human clinical study on AprèsFlex® sets it apart from other ingredients in terms of its demonstrated efficacy across this broad range outcome measures. Previous studies of AprèsFlex® have demonstrated improvements in joint comfort in as few as five days. All studies were completed with a low 100 mg/day dose.
Joint Discomfort – A Growing Market
The aged population across the world is currently as its highest level in human history, according to a recent report by the UN (1). Due to a more active lifestyle, many older people suffer from joint discomfort related to inflammation caused by physical activity – which is similar in some ways to that which occurs in osteoarthritis. However, they are not the only ones: Athletes, physical workers and fitness enthusiasts often experience inflammation and discomfort caused by strenuous exercise.
Strategies to impact inflammation are various, but the downsides to many – like NSAID use – are significant, meaning that nutritional solutions often are a natural go-to. PLT Health Solutions have performed extensive research in the joint health space for active people of every age. Whether it’s for healthy aging or sports recovery, the science backed AprèsFlex can be the key to joint relief and increased mobility.
What is AprèsFlex?
One of the world’s best-selling joint health ingredients, AprèsFlex from PLT Health Solutions powers some of the leading brands on the market. AprèsFlex (also known as Aflapin) is a novel, proprietary extract of Boswellia serrata gum resin. It can be used both as a standalone ingredient and in conjunction with other ingredients.
One of the key features of AprèsFlex in any formulation is the clinical work that has demonstrated efficacy starting at 5 days – at a significantly lower dose (100 mg) than other joint health ingredients. This fast efficacy and low dose allow AprèsFlex to compete with non-natural, pharmaceutical solutions.
To underscore this fact, a 2014 clinical trial with AprèsFlex showed a nearly 20% reduction in pain scores over baseline at 5 days and a 50% reduction in pain scores at 30 days (2).
Key Functions of AprèsFlex:
- Low-dose (100 mg/d) solution for joint health
- Improved joint comfort in just 5 days*
- 56% reduction in WOMAC scores from baseline at 30 days*
- 69% reduction in WOMAC scores from baseline at 90 days*
- 10 pre-clinical and clinical studies
- Sustainable, botanical ingredient
- AprèsFlex® supports healthy joints and connective tissues
- Clinically studied using validated tests of function and blood markers
- Enhanced bioavailability and bioactivity of AKBA
- Demonstrates significant 5-Lipoxygenase inhibition
- Superior MMP-3 inhibition
*THESE STATEMENTS HAVE NOT BEEN EVALUATED BY THE FOOD AND DRUG ADMINISTRATION. THIS PRODUCT IS NOT INTENDED TO DIAGNOSE, TREAT, CURE, OR PREVENT ANY DISEASE.
Available formulations for AprèsFlex:
- Soft Gels
- Stick packs
Why PLT Health Solutions is a Preferred Partner of Biogredia:
Backed with solid results from several clinical studies, AprèsFlex is an ingredient that can provide joint relief in as little as 5 days. Do you want to learn more about this ingredient? Contact Bengt for more research and case studies regarding the use of AprèsFlex for better musculoskeletal health.
PLT Health Solutions is a high-quality producer with more than 70 years of experience in the health and wellness industry. Their ingredient AprèsFlex is an innovative and market-leading ingredient hand-picked by Biogredia.
Please get in touch if you want more information or have questions about our ingredients.
Sources and Clinical Studies
- World Population Ageing 2019: Highlights by UN DESA’s Population Division. Can be accessed here: https://www.un.org/en/development/desa/population/publications/pdf/ageing/WorldPopulationAgeing2019-Highlights.pdf (PDF)
- Prasanna M, Vasu K, Bhagavan SK, Rajeswari KP. Efficacy and Early Onset of Action of Aflapin® Against Osteoarthritis of Knee: A Randomized Double-Blind Placebo Controlled Clinical Study Prasanna et al. [Data on file]
- Sengupta K, Krishnaraju AV, Vishal AA, et al. Comparative efficacy and tolerability of 5-Loxin and Aflapin Against osteoarthritis of the knee: a double blind, randomized, placebo controlled clinical study. Int J Med Sci. 2010;7(6):366-377.
- Vishal AA, Mishra A, Raychaudhuri SP. A double blind, randomized, placebo controlled clinical study evaluates the early efficacy of aflapin in subjects with osteoarthritis of knee. Int J Med Sci. 2011;8(7):615-622.