Globally, there is a growing awareness that we need more Vitamin D to stay healthy. Recent studies have revealed the vital role of Vitamin D in maintaining a healthy immune system – which is especially important during these challenging times.
The Many Benefits of Vitamin D
Vitamin D is essential to our well-being – from childhood through adulthood and into our older years. A high-quality vitamin D product can:
- Help us develop strong bodies and keen minds
- Keep us safe by supporting our immune system
- Protect us from diseases and premature aging
Unfortunately, Vitamin D has been recognized as a shortfall nutrient, meaning that most of us don’t receive enough from both our diets and our outdoor activities. Health professionals around the world are now recommending Vitamin D supplementation more than ever before.
Earthlight® Whole Food Vitamin D Specifications
Our chosen producer, PLT Health Solutions, delivers Vitamin D that exceeds your expectations.
It is highly concentrated and offers 1000 micrograms of Vitamin D per gram – verified by verified by EuroFins, a 3rd party laboratory.
- That concentration means low use levels in your formulations so that it won’t affect the taste or texture of any supplement, food or beverage product you’re making.
- It also means that it is cost-effective in formulation.
- Earthlight is shelf and formulation stable meaning your customers will get the Vitamin D you intend to deliver.
But that’s where the comparison between Earthlight® and other forms of Vitamin D ends. Earthlight offers your customers much more.
Now with Novel Foods Status in the EU
Earthlight® has been granted Novel Foods status from the European Food Safety Authority, allowing its use in more than a dozen different food, beverage and supplement categories (1). Earthlight® is currently the only mushroom-based Vitamin D allowed for use in these categories and will be for the next five years (2).
As a whole food, plant-based and clean label ingredient, Earthlight® supports essentially every major food and beverage market trend and can help product developers differentiate their offerings.
Clean label Vitamin D
Earthlight® is made from select white button and portobello mushrooms. These mushrooms are grown sustainably without the use of chemical pesticides in the Unites States. There is also an organic certified version as well.
White buttons and portobellos have been shown to have the highest levels of ergosterol (the source of naturally occurring Vitamin D) amongst the mushrooms we eat in our homes. The concentration of Vitamin D in the mushrooms is amplified via the use of natural light – the same way we get this nutrient from the sun.
Why Use Earthlight® Whole Food Vitamin D?
The unique sourcing and processing characteristics of Earthlight Whole Food Vitamin D will allow you to address some of the hottest cultural and wellness trends in the market.
- Earthlight is plant-based and suitable for vegan products. In fact, it’s the perfect Vitamin D source for today’s plant-based revolution.
- Earthlight is a clean label ingredient. It is minimally processed without the use of solvents – unlike many other plant-based sources of Vitamin D on the market. It contains no carriers or binders.
- Earthlight is non-GMO and available as an organic ingredient.
- And finally, Earthlight is a whole food source of Vitamin D. Market research confirms that consumers prefer to get their nutrition from ingredients they can find in their refrigerator or kitchen cabinet. As a whole food mushroom source, Earthlight uniquely meets that preference.
No other Vitamin D ingredient can offer you all of these features at once. Taken together, these features can help you formulate better, healthier products with label designations that will attract the consumers of today and tomorrow.
Why PLT Health Solutions is a Preferred Partner of Biogredia
Created with passion and purpose, Earthlight® Whole Food Vitamin D is an ingredient that can help everyone live happier, healthier lives. Do you want to learn more about this ingredient? Contact Bengt for more research and case studies regarding the use of Vitamin D for increased immune health.
PLT Health Solutions is a high-quality producer with more than 70 years of experience in the health and wellness industry. The company builds on a rich commitment to helping people all around the world live healthier lives. Their Earthlight® Whole Food Vitamin D is an innovative and market-leading ingredient which is hand-picked by Biogredia.
1. Official Journal of the European Union: COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2020/1163.
2. Official Journal of the European Union: COMMISSION IMPLEMENTING REGULATION (EU) 2020/1163.
Please get in touch if you want more information or have questions about our ingredients.