SATIEREAL® gives your customers the willpower needed to succeed with their weight-loss. The natural ingredient induces a feeling of wellbeing and stress reduction to address the source of stress-related overeating and snacking. This is a truly different mechanism for weight management – giving you an opportunity to stand out with a differentiated product.
How does SATIEREAL® work?
SATIEREAL® is made from the stigmas of saffron, which is rich in safranal, crocin and picrocin. This proprietary extract is standardized to >0.3% safranal. Unlike most other weight-loss products, SATIEREAL® does not work by promoting a feeling of “fullness”. Rather, it induces a feeling of wellbeing and stress reduction over time – thus aiding with stress-related overeating. This ingredient is the only saffron extract clinically demonstrated to support weight management (1).
SATIEREAL® Clinical Research
In a study recently conducted, we invited 60 healthy, slightly overweight women (BMI 25-30) to participate. One group was given SATIEREAL®, while the other received placebo. After 18 weeks, the group who had received SATIEREAL® showed a significantly greater weight reduction compared to the placebo group.
The decrease in appetite was 69 % in the SATIEREAL® group versus 54 % in the placebo group. There were no side effects in either study group, and compliance with the regimen was excellent (2).
How to Use SATIEREAL® in Your Weight Loss Supplement?
If you are planning a new weight loss supplement, this ingredient can be added to improve the overall performance of the supplement. With SATIEREAL®, you are adding craving control – what PLT Health refers to as “power against snacking” – to the formula.
Applications in Functional Foods:
- Coffee sticks and pods
- Cereal bars
- Candies and gums
- Meal replacements
- Tea bags
Applications in Dietary Supplements:
- Beverages, shakes and “shots”
Adding SATIEREAL® will not change the taste or appearance of other products. From a formulating standpoint, it can be mixed with vitamins, minerals, starches, flavors, aromas and sweeteners. Adding this ingredient to your next weight loss supplement, can help give your customers the edge they need to succeed.
Why You Should Add SATIEREAL® to Your Supplement Portfolio
- A unique and natural ingredient showing great efficiency in weight loss programs
- Clinically proven to manage appetite and reduce compulsive snacking
- Made from the stigma of the saffron flower (Crocus sativus)
- With its unique sourcing and process, SATIEREAL® saffron extract is clinically proven to be a powerful weight-loss agent thanks to its satiety properties.
- Professional authorities have recognized the benefits of using SATIEREAL®
- SATIEREAL® has gained regulatory sales authorization in most European and Asian countries and the USA
Why PLT Health Solutions is a Preferred Partner of Biogredia
SATIEREAL® is a natural and innovative ingredient that can take your weight-loss supplement to a whole new level. This is a truly different mechanism for weight management – giving you a unique opportunity to stand out with a differentiated product on a saturated market.
PLT Health Solutions is a high-quality producer with more than 70 years of experience in the health and wellness industry. The company builds on a rich commitment to helping people all around the world live healthier, happier lives. SATIEREAL® is a market-leading ingredient which is handpicked by Biogredia.
Please get in touch with Bengt if you want more information, or are wondering how this ingredient might be a good fit for your supplement.
1. Gout B, Bourges C, Paineau-Dubreuil S. Satiereal, a Crocus sativus L extract, reduces snacking and increases satiety in a randomized placebo-controlled study of mildly overweight, healthy women. Nutr Res. 2010 May;30(5):305-13. doi: 10.1016/j.nutres.2010.04.008. PMID: 20579522.
Full text available here
2. Gout B, Bourges C, Paineau-Dubreuil S. Satiereal, a Crocus sativus L extract, reduces snacking and increases satiety in a randomized placebo-controlled study of mildly overweight, healthy women. Nutr Res. 2010 May;30(5):305-13. doi: 10.1016/j.nutres.2010.04.008. PMID: 20579522.
Full text available here
Please get in touch if you want more information or have questions about our ingredients.