Quality immune health products start with clinically-supported immune health ingredients. Research validates that one of our best sellers; Wellmune® from Kerry, has a unique ability to help strengthen general immune health across all ages. (1) That is why products containing Wellmune® are available in more than 60 countries, so far.
Never before has the industry’s role as a contributor to better health felt more important. Biogredia has been a part of the international branded ingredient business for over 30 years. Wellmune® has been a natural part of our portfolio in over fifteen of these years, and the pandemic has made this well documented beta glucan more relevant than ever.
A unique beta glucan
Wellmune®, from the renowned, Irish manufacturer Kerry, is a proprietary strain of beta 1,3/1,6 glucan with a wealth of pre-clinical and human clinical data. (1) A natural food, beverage and supplement ingredient clinically supported to help strengthen the immune system, it is therefore a great choice as a platform technology in any immune health product.
It has been shown to help: (1)
• Improve general immune health.
• Maintain overall physical health.
• Protect against the harmful effects of stress.
• Promote healthy energy levels and mental clarity.
As the global population over 60 is expected to grow 56% by 2030, there is a growing demand for food, beverage and supplement products that support the immune system. Wellmune® is a natural, safe and effective immune health ingredient that can help create everyday wellness products that meet the demands of your customers – across all ages.
SEE HOW Wellmune® goes to work in the body
to safely help strengthen the immune system:
Immunity, the desired functional benefit
The present pandemic has changed the way people think about immunity and how to best support the immune system to fight off pathogens. Wellmune® is one of our best sellers when it comes to creating new ideas for business growth, through product innovation – the natural way:
WELLMUNE® – keeping people primed for performance
- A patented and award winning ingredient.
- Unlike other yeast beta glucans, Wellmune® is the only ingredient supported by over a dozen published, peer-reviewed clinical studies.
- Focused on immune health benefits, products containing Wellmune® are available in more than 60 countries. Wellmune® is patented, Kosher, Halal, non-allergenic, gluten-free, and available in Non-GMO Project Verified.
- It’s supported by biomarker, mechanism-of-action, and over a dozen published, peer-reviewed human clinical research studies .
- Its ability to improve overall physical health, maintain healthy energy levels, and provide immune support for all ages and lifestyles, is clinically proven.
- It has regulatory approval in major markets around the world, including GRAS status in the U.S. and novel food approval in Europe and China.
WELLMUNE® – for whom?
The clinical research has demonstrated consistent results across a broad range of consumers including:
Wellmune® product applications
This ingredient is available to use in food, beverage and supplement applications, and is stable under the vast majority of manufacturing processes. It is available in two powder forms:
• Dispersible for food and select beverage applications.
• Water soluble for certain beverage applications with clarity or other manufacturing requirements. In water at 1mg per milliliter, soluble Wellmune® is odorless, clear and has a mild, if any, taste.
The Wellmune® mechanism of action explained more closely
- This ingredient is a natural beta 1,3/1,6 glucan highly purified from the cell wall of a proprietary baker’s yeast (Saccharomyces cerevisiae).
- Consumed orally, Wellmune® is taken up in the body by the Peyer’s Patches in the intestines.
- Immune cells called macrophages (located in the Peyer’s Patches) ingest Wellmune® and travel to the immune organs throughout the body.
- Macrophages break down the ingredient into smaller fragments that bind to neutrophils, the most abundant immune cells in the body.
- Primed by Wellmune®, neutrophils move more quickly to recognize and kill foreign cells.
Please contact us for more information on Wellmune®, and how it can help create successful immune health products in your portfolio.
Why Kerry is a preferred Partner of Biogredia
Your quality immune health products start with our clinically-supported immune health ingredients. KERRY started off as a small dairy company in the southwest of Ireland. Today, they have become a world leader in taste and nutrition for the food and beverage industry.
Their functional ingredients target immune health, and are hand-picked by Biogredia.
Our common goal is for you to generate a positive and significant impact on people’s health and well-being, through our portfolio of knowledge-based and natural ingredients.
Please get in touch if you want more information or have questions about our ingredients.