Joint Health ingredients from the PLT range
There are three headline ingredients from the PLT Boswellia range, which are featured here. For further information scroll down:
- 5-LOXIN® – is one of the world’s best-selling joint health ingredients – with multiple clinical studies that demonstrate efficacy starting at 7 days – with a low dose.
- AprèsFlex® has been shown in clinical trials to improve joint comfort in as little as 5 days.
- AquaLOX® is the water-soluble version of one of the world’s best-selling joint health ingredients with a recommended dose much lower than many conventional joint health ingredients.
AprèsFlex has been giving people back their freedom for almost a decade, by delivering joint comfort and flexibility from 100 mg dose that starts to work in only 5 days.
- The Low dose (100 mg/d) solution for joint health
- Improved joint comfort in just 5 days*
- 56% reduction in pain scores from baseline at 30 days*
- 69% reduction in pain scores from baseline at 90 days*
- 10 pre-clinical and clinical studies
Sustainable, botanical ingredient
*Based on multiple clinical trials.
AprèsFlex has been the subject of seven pre-clinical and three human clinical studies. In the newest clinical study, Karlapudi and colleagues examined the efficacy of AprèsFlex in the management of joint comfort and function in a randomized, double-blind, placebo clinical trial. Sixty-seven subjects received either 100 mg/day of AprèsFlex or a matching placebo for thirty days.
- Visual Analog Score (VAS)
The Lequesne algofunctional index (LFI)
- The Western Ontario and McMaster Universities Osteoarthritis Index (WOMAC)
- Serum biomarkers (MMP3, TNF, hsCRP, COMP, CPII and C2C)
- Boswellic acids are natural, selective 5-lipoxygenase inhibitors. 3-O-acetyl-11-keto-ß-boswellic acid or “AKBA” is the most active.
- 5-LOXIN® provides a higher concentration of AKBA, standardized to 30%.
- In a human study, both 100mg and 250mg of 5-LOXIN® daily provided improvement in joint comfort and mobility within 7 days.
- 5-LOXIN® provided significant benefits in WOMAC, VAS and LFI standardized testing methodologies for joint health.
5-LOXIN® positively impacted biological markers associated with joint and general health, including TNFa, CRP, and IL-6.
- 5-LOXIN® was shown to significantly inhibit matrix metalloproteinase (MMP-3), enzymes that break down cartilage, collagen and connective tissues.
- 5-LOXIN® is well-tolerated, easy on the stomach and supported by extensive safety data.
5-LOXIN has been the subject of 13 pre-clinical studies and 2 human clinical trials. One of the key features of 5-LOXIN in any formulation is clinical work that has demonstrated efficacy starting at 7 days.
AquaLOX is a water-soluble version of PLT’s Boswellia Serrata extract 5-LOXIN®. 5-LOXIN has been clinically demonstrated to improve joint comfort and protect against cartilage degradation.
In addition to being water-soluble, AquaLOX represents a major breakthrough with its pleasant taste profile, allowing – for the first time – the opportunity to feature PLT’s leading joint health solutions in taste-sensitive formulations such as chewables, gummies, stick-packs, shots and more.
AquaLOX is a perfect addition to pre-workout, post-workout and recovery formulations and can be delivered in a range of product forms.
These is a summary of published research but has not been evaluated by the European Food Safety Authority (EFSA) or other pertinent Regulatory Authority. This product is not intended to diagnose, treat, cure or prevent any disease.